VELFAC COMPOSITE WINDOWS AND DOORS
Velfac undoubtedly hold the crown as the pioneers of windows and doors with aluminium externally and timber internally. Originally conceived by Villum Kann Rasmussen, the inventor of Velux roof lights, in 1961 the brand has been at the leading edge of high performance and contemporary style ever since.
Often architect specified due to the system’s slim and consistent sight lines we are able to back up the quality of the product with our local and customer focussed approach to supply and installation.
The timber is glue-laminated and fully factory treated, meaning they have class leading dimensional stability and won't rot.
The external aluminium sash protects the internal timber from the worst of the weather, resulting in extremely low maintenance.
Timber is sourced from sustainably managed forests holding FSC certification, so you can be sure for each tree cut down at least one is planted, continuing the natural carbon store of the forest.
In fact, through Chain of Custody certification it is possible to pinpoint the exact harvest your window or door came from.
Fully factory finished in a huge range of RAL colours, there is no need to paint on site after installation.
External and internal surfaces can be finished in different colours for no additional charge.
Delivered factory glazed and with all ironmongery installed and ready to use, installation by our team is simple and pain free.
- Windows and doors
- Slim 54mm sight lines to opening and fixed lights
- Double or triple glazed
- Bespoke sizing to suit your project
- Factory finished powder coated or anodised aluminium externally
- Factory finished timber internally
- Sustainably sourced timber from FSC certified forests
- Chain of Custody certification
- Low embodied energy
- Low life cycle cost
- Anticipated service life of more than 50 years
- Super low maintenance
- Secured by Design certified
- High security, meeting Building Regulations Approved Document part Q
- Whole window U values from 1.5W/m2K (double glazed) to 0.82W/m2K (triple glazed)
- Acoustic reduction from 34dB Rw to 42dB Rw
- Huge range of colours available
- Choose different internal and external colours for no additional cost
- Ideal balance of low maintenance and low embodied energy
- 12 year manufacturer’s warranty on windows as standard
- 5 year manufacturer’s warranty on doors as standard