OKOHAUS UK ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
okoHaus was founded on a desire to make a positive difference in the fight against climate change. As a result, we take our environmental responsibilities seriously and constantly strive to push ourselves to reduce our environmental impact.
We are fully committed to doing our part in support of the goals of the Paris Agreement, specifically to pursue efforts to limit global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
We do this by;
1. Supplying products that have a positive impact on the environment
2. Using the principles of ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’ to minimise our negative impact on the environment. We reduce waste as far as possible as a priority and recycle as a last resort
3. Working with suppliers who hold similar values, and who actually live by those values
4. Aiming for 100% responsible sourcing – every choice we make as a business should be the best choice for the environment
5. Aiming to achieve net zero CO2 emissions by 2025, earlier if possible
4. Constantly challenging the status quo - if we spot a better way to do something we are not afraid to try it
5. Engaging with our local community to find ways to make a positive difference
Buy one, get one tree
For every window or door purchased from 1st June 2021 onwards, okoHaus commit to plant one tree.
Working with C Free and The Future Forest Company we have committed to a programme of tree planting in the UK.
Read more about our sustainability aims in our blog.